Geek Stuff


So today was a boatload of fun. Winter has decided to make a last stand with single digit weather and 30 mph winds to drop the wind chill below zero.

I’ve been trying for quite some time to get the and Google AdWords integration working. Keep in mind that I gave up on coding before I got out of school, I can handle HTML and javascript but my PERL is good only for comedic relief. After banging my head for a few days I found out that Dreamweaver, the program I use to edit my scripts, actually corrupts the files while changing them. It has something to do with the FTP software putting them on the server…. blah, blah, blah.

The good news is that I’ve found the source of one of the problems so perhaps I can show some progress tomorrow…

3 replies on “Scripting”

Look on your Dreamweaver CD for a folder for a program named HomeSite – I have been using it for 10+ years, and it only changes scripts if you do. Then get a copy of WS_FTP from Ipswitch, right close by your office…


Give Microsoft Expression Web a try:

I just wrote a review on it for Digital Content Producer Magazine and its a pretty excellent program. Dreamweaver has had to keep up with multiple standards for years and years so its kinda like rounding up cats.

It does a good job, but Expression is a recent program that like Dreamweaver keeps code clean. You can grab a free demo. My fav web program continues to be Netobjects, and although it does not do clean code, it does a fantastic job of treating web design as just that…designing..rather than typing code.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *