Ok, I’ve been getting flack for not having enough marketing stuff… so here’s some Excel Judo for you to work on.
You have a list of 8,000 contacts in excel, you need to de-dupe them (remove the duplicates). Here’s a quick way to clean up the majority of them:
- Sort by email address
- In the first open column create an “IF” statement (click the f(x) button and select “IF”). If the email address on this row equals the email address one cell above it then this cell is “1” if not “0”
- Copy that formula to all the rows
- Select that column and copy it
- From the command bar choose “Paste Special” and select “Values” – this strips out the formula and leaves the 1’s and 0’s
- Sort the table by this column with 1’s and 0’s and then delete all the rows of 1’s in one shot
Viola! You’re done. Now you could do this with a SQL command, but that’s a lesson for another day.